The Weber Jumbo Joe is an awesome little grill. You don’t really need to add anything to the Jumbo but BBQ and gadgets just kind of go together. So without further delay, here are ten fun Weber Jumbo Joe accessories to add to you grilling adventures.
1. Hinged Cooking Grate: The standard grate that comes with the Jumbo Joe is lame. You will want to upgrade to either the hinged grate (~$15) or to the Craycort cast iron (~$70).
2. Craycort Cast Iron Grate: These cast iron grates are sweet as heck! Everybody I know that owns a set of Craycort grates love them! There is an awesome little video at the end of this list from my buddy Steve at BBQBros.net showing the Craycort grates on a Jumbo Joe.
3. Heavy Duty Premium 304 Stainless Steel Charcoal Baskets A simple little addition that makes banking the coals for long indirect cooks incredibly simple. These come as a set of two baskets but you only need one of them. Don’t waste your money on the cheap aluminum baskets from Weber. Spend an extra 10 bucks and get the heavy duty stainless steel baskets.
The folks over at the Adrenaline Barbecue Company have made a mini-Slow N Sear charcoal basket for the Jumbo! They are available made from either aluminized metal or stainless steel.
4. GrillGrates: These sit on top of the regular grate and completely transform the grilling experience. I have the two panel configuration and use them on my Jumbo and my 22.5 inch kettle.
5. Kettle-Q Round Griddle: Transforms your Jumbo Joe into a griddle. You can use this to make smash burgers or grill up a nice breakfast of bacon, hash browns and eggs over-easy. After the Craycort video at the end of this list is another great video from Steve showing the KettleQ on the Jumbo Joe. You could also pick up the Weber Portable Griddle. Similar to the KettleQ but smaller, cheaper and a Weber product. This was designed for the Weber Q 300 portable gas grill but it also fits the Jumbo Joe. An added bonus of the Weber griddle is that it lets the lid on the Jumbo Joe completely close. The Kettle-Q makes you keep the lid open.
6. Weber Portable Grill Tools: These stainless steel tongs and spatula are high grade Weber products that have been made small enough to fit inside the Jumbo Joe for easy transportation and storage. They look beautiful and work even better.
7. Tel-Tru BQ225 Pit Thermometer: If you want to add a thermometer to the Jumbo then I suggest you use the Tel-Tru and insert it through the screw hole on the top air damper.
8. KettlePizza Deluxe: Now we are getting serious! The fine folks over at Kettle Pizza were kind enough to send me a unit to try on the Jumbo. I had a lot of fun making pizza on the Jumbo Joe! I was pleasantly surprised to learn that it easily adjusts to also fit on my 22.5 inch kettle. Sweet! Here is a post I wrote showing how I use the Kettle Pizza on the Weber Jumbo Joe.
9. 18-1/2 Inch Charcoal Kettle Rotisserie: The rotisserie from Onlyfire is porcelain enameled steel and costs about $70. Here is a look at the Onlyfire rotisserie in a picture sent in by a great guy, Mike.
10. Weber Portable Charcoal Table: This is Weber’s table for their portable charcoal grills. The table was really designed for the Smokey Joe grills but works okay with the Jumbo. There are some pros and cons to this table, be sure to read the reviews on Amazon.
If you know of any other Weber Jumbo Joe accessories that ought to be on this list please let me know!